- Registered Business Name: Systems Thinking Leadership Development Institute (STLDi)
- Trade Name: Systems Thinking Leadership Development Institute (STLDi). It has three arms:
- Research Development
- Training, Publications, Community & Media Development
- Business and Consultancy Development
- The Operations Management & Administrative Coordination Office that manages the entire outfit.
- Organization Focus: Developing Systemic Thinking Leadership
- Company Registration: UIN BW000001162330
- Business Address: Plot 1888, Ledumadumane, Botswana
- Website Address: https://sheilasingapore.blog/
- LinkedIn Address: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sheilasingapore/
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Contact: 267-75-9875-34
- Affiliations: SoL Global: http://www.globalsolcommunities.org
Who We Are
Systems Thinking Leadership Development Institution (STLDi) established since 2012 in Botswana is a research-cum-consultancy-cum-training academy organization for learning organisations. It is built on the principles and practices espoused by Dr Peter Senge in his landmark publication, The Fifth Discipline, the Art and Practice of Learning Organizations. The institution is led by Ms Sheila Damodaran. While from Singapore, her practice has been based in Botswana since 2008.
Since then it has grown a modest team of researchers and trainers with the tenacity and clarity needed to carry the work beyond itself.
Revenue generation is incumbent on the results of the work we do. The results we seek is seeing the work creates a desire within regions that they are in, move in ways such that:
- The practices become an integral and therefore an inherent part of everyday living. that in turn;
- Sees their actions create real GDP growth (at constant prices) for the nation and region and;
- Consistent growth of wealth for the individuals without creating wide gaps between the haves and the have nots, and;
- The individuals learns to be very aware of how he made all of these goals / objectives happen.
At this point our corporate revenue commands a percentage of the growth of GDP of the nation (no kidding!).
Till then, our business model is based on cost-recovery and in the interim period revenue generation through on-the-job training based on the results developed by the research arm.
- Purpose Our focus is providing consultancy on Systemic Strategy Identification and Development
- Vision To see the work provide the means for the average man on the street to learn to influence the growth of his nation by his actions (not just by what he says).
- Mission Statement To provide assistance to individuals seeking to acquire skills and knowledge in the practical application of the five disciplines of Learning Organization in everyday living in societies and communities.
- Core Values Building the tenacity and clarity that comes with holding the creative tension alive in everyday living
- Goals To build a reputation in the field of being a healthy part of helping nations grow.
What We Do
At STLDi, we work with you to identify underlying (systemic) causal structures that control the persistence, and reverse its effects but also bring into reality what is desired in its place through supporting national policy formulation processes. For example, reaching for excellence and growth by nurturing the quest for learning rather than needing to be successful so as to avoid failures.
We conduct training, research, and strategy development consultancy to help you work on areas of concern that assume a persistent nature of regional and national significance despite ongoing efforts to curb it.
When we ignore the persistence, the issue will “suck us back” into designing solutions that would feed its persistence. That is the nature. That is until we can understand what causes these concerns to keep coming back. That’s where a work such as this would begin to play its part. As we deepen our understanding of this type of dynamic complexities, the solution often becomes simple!
We then work with you to co-create ways to reverse its effects but also substitute what is desiring to grow in its absence. For example, learning to create abundance as opposed to eradicating poverty.
The work we do is grounded in the seminal works of renowned international author, Dr Peter Senge in his landmark publication The Fifth Discipline. It provides the theories and methods to foster aspiration, develop reflective conversation, and understand complexity in order to build learning organizations. Its key competencies form the underpinnings of our training and research works. Just as it was for Peter, we are driven by the desire to understand how we can learn to understand and therefore work together in harmony with one another as well as beyond us to include nature. We continue to push the boundaries of our understanding of organizational learning, sharing its principles in workshops and seminars across various countries.
The results of such conversations and research, may be incorporated as part of national planning efforts at national and regional platforms.
The work is best realized when working the understanding and therefore solutions up from the grassroots. One would now begin to see the country saving (instead of spending) money and incurring deficits. Money that is legitimately ours spent in now well-deserved uplifting of national development.